Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Me with Ellen Degeneres Show

Here goes the first post about relationships. I knew she was a celebrity because her name rang a bell somewhere in my mind. I have not been born and brought up in the USA so I knew nothing about Ellen. Life changed when I got married and shifted to Australia. I am preparing for the dental examinations and a career in dentistry.
So sitting at home as my husband leaves for work, I have nothing much to do except read and watch TV when exhausted (or bored) with the reading. 
I was a bit miffed about there being just free-to-air channels at home and felt the need to take up a few Indian channels as well.
But soon there formed a routine...this blonde short-cropped-haired-(is that a word)-female totally transforms the stage and has the audience as well as me rolling with laughter! They are just the kind of witty sentences and one liners that completely grasp the viewer's attention and make them have a "light bulb glow" moment. 
She has a fresh perspective on everything as well as being the most realistic individual on TV. Yes anyone can identify with her and the way she speaks of her experiences. She is not one of those out-of-your-reach celebrities where you go "oh, she must have a hundred people to do things for her and ofcourse her life is easy". Even though this might be the case, now that her 10th season is starting....she kept her feet firmly planted on the ground.
The best part of it is how she does not confirm to a particular pattern or rule of conducting her show...ANYTHING can happen on the Ellen show. She does keep the timing in check and no wonder the people who work with her love her. She has no air of superiority and walks casually to the stage almost a stark contrast to the grand welcome of "there she is now!". She makes funny references about people she works with, incorporates casual and backstage videos, she is probably more interactive online and accessible than many celebrities I know of. 
These are the many reasons she has won hearts all over including having me transfixed and paralyzed unable to press the remote button to change the channel throughout.
I researched (okay, just had a look on wikipedia) about her and also scoured youtube where I found her previous episodes.
Hairstyles and guest lists may change, but this is the talk show that well deserves a 10th season and maybe even a 100th season if we are lucky.
Because not many people in the world have Ellen's sharpness and presence of mind to connect with the masses so uniquely.
So even if I am not in USA and dont know many of the celebrities appearing on the show, I watch it for Ellen.

No comments:

Post a Comment